Ardell Lash and Brow Accelerator is a product that works to repair weak eye lashes and restore thickness to thinning and over-tweezed or waxed eyebrows. The concentrated serum uses multi-proteins to increase growth as well as additional conditioners that work to soften dry, brittle eyelashes so that they are able to grow fuller, longer and thicker.
The best way to use the product is to gently brush the serum on to the brows or lashes and leave it overnight before washing it off the next morning. Even though there are some rave reviews about the product effectiveness in lash growth especially among customers who have brittle and sparse lashes due to over-plucking or waxing their eyelashes, there is a consensus that the product used alone does nothing much for the lashes.
Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator Pros
- Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator is available for a steal at $3.99 making it the cheapest brand in this category of cosmetic product range.
- Overnight use is convenient and allows users to maintain their typical skincare and make-up routine during the day.
- Unlike other products that focus only on one aspect of hair growth, Adrell Lash and Brow Accelerator both conditions and repairs.
- Application is simple and mess-free.
Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator Cons
- The product is hard to find in drugstores and often only available online.
- Shipping and handling fees often match the price of the product.
- The side effects of using the product include eye irritation and if the irritation persists, it is best to discontinue use and seek medical attention.
- The authenticity and genuine nature of some rave reviews are questionable.
Ardell Lash and Brow Accelerator Ingredients
The key ingredient of this product is peony extract with some wheat protein that is never been heard of in any other products of this nature. It is made of 100% natural plant extracts and lecithin supposedly making it right for ultra-sensitive eyes.
The ingredients that constitute this low priced product are water, Paeonia Suffruitcosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), lodopropynyl Butylcarbarmate, DMDM Hydantoin. The concentrated mixture of the above ingredients encourages the growth of new hairs to lend a thicker and fuller look to the lashes and brows.
Ardell Lashes Side Effects
Like most eye products, Ardell Lash and Brow Accelerator can cause irritation if it comes in contact with your eye. If you have a scratched, infected or irritated eye already, these effects can worsen. If the product comes in contact with your eye, rinse immediately with water and contact a doctor if the irritability continues. Contact with the eye most often occurs when the product is being rinsed off in the morning. To prevent, try cleaning with a gentle eye make-up cosmetics remover.
One thing that strikes immediately about Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator is that it is ridiculously cheap considering the price range of similar products of other popular brands.
The next instant, you wonder if this low priced product does anything at all besides conditioning the lashes. Few have seen good results within 2 weeks of application but many have found no effect at all either in the appearance or in the length of the lashes even after applying the product for more than few months. Some customers have complained of eye irritation on the application site and acne around the eyelids.
If low pricing is the lure for purchasing this product, it is prudent to consider the long-term effect it might have on your lovely lashes. Price should not always be a deciding factor when considering a purchase especially products related to your welfare.