When the best mascara doesn’t cut it for you, eyelash extensions and magnetic lashes keep your eyelashes looking longer and fuller. However, if you don’t want to worry about the extra weight of lashes crowding your eyes, a lash lift might be for you.
A lash lift is a treatment that uses silicone pads to curl your lashes from the base, giving you long-lasting results. Lash lifts helps you say goodbye to mascara or those dreaded panda eyes and hello to gorgeous, voluminous lashes. Maintaining them is easy since they don’t require unique products.
No extensions! No mascara! No maintenance! Too good to be true, right? Let’s break it down.
What is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is a natural eyelash treatment that perms your lashes into a lifted, curled state. It is performed by shaping the natural eyelashes with a specialized chemical solution.
However, Courtney Buhler, CEO, and founder of Sugarlash PRO, notes that the treatment for lash lifts is gentler than the harsh chemicals that were initially used to perm the hair on our heads.
Additionally, according to Buhler, it differs somewhat from earlier lash perm techniques that have been around for a while. She described how the traditional way of applying eyelash perms used a different mix and equipment to curl the eyelashes.
Today, lash lift uses specially prepared keratin to thicken each natural eyelash and fix it in an ideal position for a lovely lift and curl. The new method of lash lifts uses a silicone pad placed at the eyelashes’ base.
This procedure will give longer, fuller, and raised eyelashes, making eyes look younger and less weary. After this procedure, there is little to no maintenance required, and mascara is not needed.
This is a beautiful substitute for eyelash extensions and a terrific method to accentuate your inherent beauty.
How to Prepare For a Lash Lift
Before you go for a lash lift, you must do a patch test on your skin to ensure you’re not susceptible to the chemicals used during the procedure. Your lash lift technician will explain what happens during the patch test.
The process of a patch test;
- Cleanse the region of skin getting tested (usually behind the ear or in the crease of your arm).
- Your lash tech will apply a small amount of lifting lotion, fixing lotion, and glue on three different places.
- Your lash tech will also apply a small amount of eyelash tint behind your ear.
- Allow it to dry.
- Your tech will advise you to leave it for 24 hours.
- If there is no reaction, you can remove the products.
Hopefully, there won’t be a reaction, allowing you to proceed with your scheduled lash lift procedure. Following these recommendations before your visit is crucial to get the most out of your lash treatment and the best results.
- Do not put on your contact lenses during the procedure.
- Do not curl your lashes or use an eyelash curler 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not use oil-based makeup removers, lotions, or cleansers on the day of your appointment. Arrive with clean lashes!
- Avoid waterproof mascara for at least 48 hours before the procedure.
- If you have had any recent eye surgeries or are using eye drop medication, please inform your lash technician before the procedure.
How Does a Lash Lift Work?
Now that we know how to prepare for a lash lift, let’s move on and understand how the treatment works.
A Lash Lift usually takes around 45 minutes to an hour. Believe it or not but a lush lift is a very relaxing experience. You will lay down with your eyes closed for the duration of the treatment while your lash technician works their magic. Here’s the procedure;
- The first step is to cleanse your lashes and remove any makeup residue.
- With your eyes open, the lash tech will place a pad on the skin under the eye to secure the bottom lashes and prevent them from sticking to the silicone rod.
- The lash tech will then select the correct size silicone rod and place it on top of your lashes.
- The next step is to apply the lifting lotion to your lashes and let it sit for around 15 minutes.
- After that, the lash tech will remove the lotion and apply the fixing lotion for another 15 minutes.
- Once that’s done, they will carefully remove the silicone rod and the pad. And that’s it! You will have beautifully lifted lashes lasting around six to eight weeks.
After the treatment, your lash tech will advise you not to expose your lashes to water or steam for at least 12 hours. This will help the results last longer.
How do You Maintain a Lash Lift
Although a lash lift requires very little maintenance, there are a few tips to assist you in getting the longest-lasting results ;
- Avoid getting your permed eyelashes wet for the first 12 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid using oil-based cleansers or makeup removers around the eye area.
- Be careful when combing your lashes, and avoid using waterproof mascara.
- You can use a lash serum to keep your lashes hydrated and conditioned.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or scrub your lash line too vigorously.
Note: swimming in chlorinated water can cause your lash lift to fade faster.
Does a Lash Lift Damage Your Eyelashes?
If a competent lash specialist performs the procedure correctly, a lash lift should not harm the natural eyelashes. The majority of the products used during a lash lift contain nourishing elements, making it gentle on the eyelashes because it is a natural eyelash treatment. This procedure gives the appearance of longer, fuller, and raised eyelashes, which gives the eyes a less tired and young appearance.
However, a few factors may affect the result of the lash lift and cause damage to the lashes. These include;
- Using the wrong silicone rod – If the lash tech uses a rod that is too big or too small for your lash line, it can cause your lashes to break.
- Leaving the chemicals on for too long – If the perming or fixing solutions are left on for too long, it can cause irritation and burning.
- Not rinsing the chemicals off correctly – If your lash tech doesn’t rinse off the chemicals properly, it can lead to excessive drying of the lashes and cause them to break.
- Incorrect aftercare – If you do not follow the correct aftercare instructions, it can cause your lash lift to fade quickly and damage your lashes. Your eyelashes may get dry and dehydrated following a lash lift, which might cause them to break or stop growing back at their finest. If you do not keep them nourished. It is necessary to adhere to aftercare and homecare guidelines.
A lash lift is a great alternative to lash extensions and doesn’t damage your natural lashes if done correctly. Be sure to find a reputable lash technician and follow the aftercare instructions to maintain your beautiful lifted lashes.
How Much Does a Lash Lift Cost?
The average price of a lash lift is around $100, but it can vary between $50-$200 depending on the salon and the region you live in.
But for this sum, you receive gorgeously curled eyelashes that last for about 4-6 weeks. If you applied artificial eyelashes daily, the individual costs would quickly rise above this sum. You receive specialized care from a lash specialist with the necessary skills to perform an eyelash procedure safely and with the most outstanding outcomes in mind in exchange for your investment.
Can You Use Mascara With A Lash Lift?
Although using mascara with a lash lift is fine, there shouldn’t be any need as your own natural lashes will look much darker, thicker, and longer.
Going out without mascara will scare you before getting lash lifts if you’re anything like me. How on earth could I leave the house without mascara? I’m sure people would notice how tired my eyes look. Then, I developed a new love for a lash lift!
Now, I don’t need to wear any mascara at all. And if I’m feeling fancy, I’ll put on a little waterproof mascara for extra oomph, but it’s unnecessary.
It takes you a few days to get used to not wearing mascara, but after this you will love how quick your morning routine can be! If you wish to enhance the results of your lash lift further, apply some mascara, but be careful not to over-rub your eyelashes as this could break or cause irritation. Don’t forget to wait 48 hours after the therapy before using mascara.
Should You Get A Lash Lift Frequently?
In most cases, a lash lift can last anywhere from four to eight weeks. The results will gradually wear off as your natural lashes fall out and get replaced with new ones.
You can get a lash lift as often as you like, but we recommend maintaining the best results every four to six weeks.
Lash Lift is a ground-breaking procedure for those who want their eyelashes to look full, curled, and lovely without the hassle of using eyelash curlers or fake eyelashes daily. You can now utilize this terrific alternative to get consistent, long-lasting results that appear flawless.
Leave a Reply