Revitalash Review: Benefits, Side Effects, Risks, and More
Revitalash Eyelash Conditioner belongs to Athena Cosmetics, Inc. It claims to provide longer, fuller, and thicker lashes anywhere between 3 to 10 weeks, which is a long wait indeed. It is to be applied by a brush applicator only once a day at bedtime to the base of the lashes to boost the beauty of the natural lashes.
- The product comes with a 90-day money back guarantee to attract customers.
- It is designed to work on both eyelashes and eyebrows.
- A certain percentage of the sales proceeds of Revitalash are donated to breast cancer research.
- The presence of citric acid in Revitalash increases the chances of eye irritation and burning sensation in the eyes.
- Side effects of the product include irritation or itchiness at the application site, drying out and redness of the eyes.
- The official website of Revitalash states that since the product has not been tested under all possible conditions it is best for pregnant or nursing women, those under 18 years of age, people undergoing chemotherapy, and those with ocular disorders refrain from using Revitalash or use it under the supervision of a doctor.
- Sodium Chloride (salt), an ingredient in Revitalash is detrimental to hair growth causing brittle hair and breakage and hence counterproductive.
- The presence of two controversial ingredients phenoxyethanol and chlorphenesin that are known to cause severe side effects does not add value to this product.
Revitalash Side Effects
- Weakened Lashes: RevitaLash might do the exact opposite of what it promises. Some users report eyelashes becoming stiff and breaking off. Since eyelashes are meant to keep dust particles and sunlight out of our eyes, this could actually be a health hazard as well as an annoyance.
- Blurred Vision: RevitaLash has had formulas rejected by the FDA in the past due to causing blurred vision. This is caused by an ingredient called bimatoprost. While RevitaLash seems to no longer use this ingredient, it does use Chlorphenesin, which can have some similar side effects. Bimatoprost and Chlorphenesin also negatively interact with some medications. had formulas rejected by the FDAChlorphenesin
- Skin Discoloration: Some users of RevitaLash have noted skin discoloration occurring on the tops of their upper eyelids, starting at the base of the eyelashes and working upward. When applying, make sure you do not touch the brush to the skin on your eyelid.
- Skin Irritation: Due to the fact that it contains Chlorphenesin (an ingredient known to cause redness and swelling around the eyes), RevitaLash can cause skin irritation in some users. This is one of the most commonly reported side effects listed by customers. When using the formula, make sure you wipe the brush well before applying. If redness and swelling continue, it is possible that you are having an allergic reaction to an ingredient.
- Iris Pigment Color Changes: Women with lighter eye colors have reported that their iris pigments have darkened after using RevitaLash. Theoretically, this could occur if you touch the brush to your eye. These changes seem to be irreversible.
For our full research about Revitalash side effects - read this article
The key ingredients of Revitalash include water, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Phosphate, Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ehylprostenolamide, and Cellulose Gum.
- Panthenol is a humectant that moisturizes the lashes making it appear shiny and healthy.
- Citric acid acts as a natural preservative.
- Chlorphenesin is a drug used as a muscle relaxant and its side effect is hair growth hence is found in many lash growth products.
- Disodium Phosphate provides thickness to the lashes.
- Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ethylprostenolamide, a prostaglandin derivative is a hormone-mimicking ingredient essential for lash growth.
- and Cellulose Gum holds all the ingredients together while acting as a thickening agent.
Revitalash Eyelash Conditioner is known to work on some of the customers, but most have been disappointed with the ineffectiveness of the product and the steep pricing makes it even worse to accept the failure of the product to live up to its promise.
In many cases, the product though effective, has taken as long as three months of regular application to notice some visible difference in the appearance of the eyelashes.
In a nutshell, Revitalash has done everything in its power to comply with FDA regulations with its new formulation that excludes the questionable bimataprost but it still contains a prostaglandin analogue that raises doubt regarding its claims of being 100% safe. Few have even suggested that this product be used under the guidance of an ophthalmologist since it has the potential to increase ocular pressure.
What's better than Revitalash?
The most popular consumer choice in 2017 was Lash Energizer.
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 90-day money-back guarantee, Lash Energizer is making big waves in the eyelash growth world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Lash Energizer to achieve their eyelash growth goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Lash Energizer review here.