By Camilla (senior reviewer) / Last Update: Feb 18, 2017 / 25 user reviews
Revitalash Eyelash Conditioner belongs to Athena Cosmetics, Inc. an organization devoted to philanthropy by supporting the fight against breast cancer. The product was born out of a doctor's need to offer his wife a solution for her once beautiful eyelashes left sparse and fragile due to intensive chemotherapy treatments on her way to recovering from breast cancer.
It claims to provide longer, fuller, and thicker lashes anywhere between 3 to 10 weeks, which is a long wait indeed. It is to be applied by a brush applicator only once a day at bedtime to the base of the lashes to boost the beauty of the natural lashes.
- The product comes with a 90-day money back guarantee to attract customers.
- It is designed to work on both eyelashes and eyebrows.
- A certain percentage of the sales proceeds of Revitalash are donated to breast cancer research.
- The presence of citric acid in Revitalash increases the chances of eye irritation and burning sensation in the eyes.
Revitalash Cons and Side Effects
- Side effects of the product include irritation or itchiness at the application site, drying out and redness of the eyes.
- The official website of Revitalash states that since the product has not been tested under all possible conditions it is best for pregnant or nursing women, those under 18 years of age, people undergoing chemotherapy, and those with ocular disorders refrain from using Revitalash or use it under the supervision of a doctor.
- Sodium Chloride (salt), an ingredient in Revitalash is detrimental to hair growth causing brittle hair and breakage and hence counterproductive.
- The presence of two controversial ingredients phenoxyethanol and chlorphenesin that are known to cause severe side effects does not add value to this product.
The key ingredients of Revitalash include water, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Phosphate, Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ehylprostenolamide, and Cellulose Gum.
- Panthenol is a humectant that moisturizes the lashes making it appear shiny and healthy.
- Citric acid acts as a natural preservative.
- Chlorphenesin is a drug used as a muscle relaxant and its side effect is hair growth hence is found in many lash growth products.
- Disodium Phosphate provides thickness to the lashes.
- Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ethylprostenolamide, a prostaglandin derivative is a hormone-mimicking ingredient essential for lash growth.
- and Cellulose Gum holds all the ingredients together while acting as a thickening agent.
Revitalash Eyelash Conditioner is known to work on some of the customers, but most have been disappointed with the ineffectiveness of the product and the steep pricing makes it even worse to accept the failure of the product to live up to its promise.
In many cases, the product though effective, has taken as long as three months of regular application to notice some visible difference in the appearance of the eyelashes. In a nutshell, Revitalash has done everything in its power to comply with FDA regulations with its new formulation that excludes the questionable bimataprost but it still contains a prostaglandin analogue that raises doubt regarding its claims of being 100% safe. Few have even suggested that this product be used under the guidance of an ophthalmologist since it has the potential to increase ocular pressure.