Latisse is the first and only FDA approved eyelash enhancement product.
Produced by Allergen (the same company who manufactures Botox), the prescription is used to treat hypotrichosis, a technical term for having too few eyelashes.
As was reported by users of Latisse (scroll down to see the consumer reviews) and by FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research , there’s a possibility of allergic reactions to certain ingredients in the product.
Though most of the side effects are reversible once the use of the product is discontinued, it is a cause for concern among several customers.
Active ingredient in Latisse is bimatoprost, which is an FDA approved drug used to treat glaucoma and manage ocular pressure.
One of the side effects of using this drug is hair growth, which is effectively used by Allergan in Latisse to promote eyelash growth.
The inactive ingredients include benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, dibasic, citric acid and purified water.
Prolonged use of Benzalkonium chloride may cause allergic reactions in sensitive users.
Latisse has to be applied once a day to the base of the upper eyelashes with a sterile, disposable applicator for a minimum of eight weeks before expecting to see any noticeable difference in the appearance of the eyelashes.
- The official website of Latisse provides extensive information on the product, its usage, and the probable side effects and how to treat them.
- Allergan has the patent for the use of the active ingredient bimatoprost, which is approved by FDA for cosmetic purposes.
- The product priced at $120 is not very expensive in comparison with other products in the same category and is known to produce results albeit at a slow pace.
Latisse Side Effects and Cons:
- Redness of the eye, itching sensation at the application site, eye irritation, and dryness in the eye are some of the common side effects of using Latisse.
- Some customers have complained of darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation) around the application site.
- There have been cases of the lashes falling out and discoloration of the eyes, may be due to being allergic to one or many of the ingredients, in which case, it is best to discontinue use and seek medical help.
- The product takes a long time to work, as long as 4 months, to see any noticeable results.
- Once you stop applying Latisse, your lashes immediately go back their original state.
- Some doctors aren’t yet familiar with the prescription.
Some of the most common side effects of Latisse include redness of the eye and an itching sensation at the application site. The product may also cause eye irritation or dryness.
In some cases, users of Latisse noticed hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) around the area where the formula was applied. This condition may be reversible after you stop using the product.
Though rare, some users found that Latisse caused their lashes to fall out, which is generally attributed to being allergic to one of the ingredients.
If you’re trying to find Latisse coupon code online - we’ll probably dissapoint you.
There’s zero chance to find any discount for Latisse since, as you already know, this product is provided only with prescription.
And we strongly don’t recommend to buy the product online. Though, you can get Latisse as a free gift after a botox treatment.
Latisse replete with all the necessary ingredients to be the best possible eyelash growth product falls short in few key areas:
- the list of potential side effects,
- the strict regulations for its usage,
- the mandatory prescription for its purchase,
- and the slow countdown to see expected results makes one wonder if its worth going through the hassle to find out whether the product works while there are better options available.
Moreover, the site clearly states that one has to continue the use of the product to maintain the length and thickness of the lashes for once you discontinue usage the lashes return to their earlier appearance in a matter of few weeks.
To see which products have been rated highest by users and experts, keep reading below…
As of today, Idol Lash has shown the best results for the consumers…